How to Make Flash Chilled Iced Tea
Step by Step Instructions:
- Bring freshly drawn water up to desired temperature according to the type of tea you're making.
- Scoop loose leaf tea into an infuser or T-Sac using 1tsp for each 8oz of water. (If your cup is 16oz use 2tsp.)
- Place infuser or T-Sac into a measuring cup you're going to steep the tea in and pour the hot water over the top of the leaves allowing them to swirl around and open. (Use 1/2 the amount of water to make a tea concentrate. For a 16oz glass of iced tea, use 8oz of water)
- Steep for 3-5 minutes according to your taste preferences.
- While your tea is steeping, take the glass you're going to drink out of and fill it to the top with ice.
- When time is up on you tea, remove infuser or T-Sac.
- Add milk or sugar to taste.
- Pour the hot concentrate over the glass full of ice. (If you've measured everything out correctly, you should end up with a full glass of chilled tea with about 1/3 of ice at the top.)
- Sip and be refreshed!